SARATOGA SPRINGS — Come see one of Saratoga’s top-rated independent schools. Saratoga Independent School (S.I.S.) is hosting an Admissions Open House on Wednesday, January 22 at 9 a.m. During the open house, prospective families will have an opportunity to meet Lisa Brown, Head of School, as well as other faculty and staff. Ms. Brown will welcome families and provide a brief history and overview of S.I.S. Members of our faculty will take families on tours of our campus, allow them to observe classes, and answer questions about the school.
Saratoga Independent School Highlights:
• Rigorous academic curriculum, following the state standards of education
• 2 dedicated science labs
• Small class sizes
• Curriculum-based field trips throughout the Capital Region and beyond
• After-school enrichment programs, including engineering, computer programming, team sports, piano, French language, and Odyssey of the Mind
• Specials including art, music, and Spanish starting in Pre-K
• Physical Education utilizing our playing fields and expansive wooded campus
• Safe and Secure 60-acre campus for hiking, snowshoeing, outdoor learning, and sledding hill for recess fun
• Wholesome lunch program in partnership with Healthy Living Market
• Interscholastic soccer, cross-country, and track opportunities
• Before Care daily from 7:30 am and After Care daily until 5:30 p.m.
• 5 minutes from I-87 Exit 14 and 5 minutes from downtown Saratoga
Saratoga Independent School’s small class sizes, flexible teaching styles, thematic learning, team building, and respectful community provide students an academic and social education unmatched by other regional schools. The middle school expansion—currently serving its second class of sixth graders, first class of seventh graders, and adding eighth grade for 2020/21 —offers students a rigorous academic program preparing them for enrollment in advanced programs and selective high schools.