JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 766
Displaying items by tag: Flurry
8 Projects to receive total of $100,000
By Arthur Gonick
BALLSTON SPA – At the Saratoga County Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday, October 20, the board unanimously approved the funding of eight trail projects throughout the county, granting $12,500 to each, for a total of $100,000. Included in this are funds for construction of the Crescent Avenue Connector - a 1-mile segment of the Greenbelt Trail in the City of Saratoga Springs; and funding for a feasibility study for the Bullard Lane Community Trail in the Town of Wilton to create a public trail on a 38 acre wooded town-owned parcel that would connect public lands and Gavin Park.
The Supervisors passed a total of 19 resolutions unanimously, including:
- Expressing support for state legislation to designate Route 9 in the county as “United States Submarine Veterans Memorial Highway”
- Expressing support for the Capital Region’s 20.20 Revitalization Plan,
- Proclaiming October as ‘Manufacturing Month’ and ‘Cyber-Security Awareness Month’ in the county,
- Accepting ownership of four roads in the Town of Malta at the Luther Forest Technology Campus;
- Accepting a security grant of $72,500 from the New York State Division of Homeland Security
- Appointing David Wallingford and Ralph Pascucci as Commissioners of the Saratoga Lake Improvement District.
SARATOGA SPRINGS — Tuesday night’s City Council meeting covered a wide range of topics from a pedestrian and bike trail that will loop the city to the Housing Authority’s salaries to banning uncovered rifles in the downtown district.
NORTHUMBERLAND – On April 22, Saratoga P.L.A.N. (P.L.A.N.) opened the 65-acre Coldbrook Preserve in the Town of Northumberland. The Preserve, located off Homestead Road, includes a mile of public trails that meander through a beautifully wooded area that includes overlooks of the Cold Brook. While the public is invited to walk, ski, snowshoe, and learn about the outdoors on the new trails, all pets must be leashed.