By Chef Dan Spitz
* Ingredients can be found at the market
- 1 cup, packed, of fresh pea shoots*
- ½ cup of fresh parsley leaves*
- ¼ cup of fresh mint leaves*
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and roughly chopped*
- ½ cup grated parmesan*
- ½ cup lightly toasted walnuts
- 1 cup good quality olive oil*
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. To make pesto using a food processor or Cuisinart, combine the pea shoots, parsley, mint, garlic, and 2 oz of olive oil and pulse until nearly smooth.
2. Continue by adding the parmesan and walnuts, pulse again until combined.
3. Then, while the machine is running, slowly pour in the remaining olive oil and a pinch of salt and fresh cracked pepper. Turn off and taste for salt and lemon.
Enjoy on eggs, sandwiches, salads, pasta, and just about any savory breakfast, lunch, and dinner dish. Buon Appetito!