* Find these Ingredients at the Farmers’ Market!
• 1 pack of Chorizo Sausage Links*
• 1 onion*, sliced
• 5 cups stock
• 2 carrots*, cut into bite sized chunks
• 1 cup uncooked pasta or rice
• 1 clove garlic*, chopped
• Parsley or cilantro*, chop finely
• 4-6 leaves of kale* torn to bite size
1. In Dutch Oven, on medium heat, sauté onions with a little oil, until soft.
2. Cut the sausage links into 1” length chunks and add to the onions. Stir frequently until the exterior of the sausage is browned.
3. Add garlic and carrots, cover and let sit (called sweating) for five minutes.
4. Add stock and bring to a boil.
5. Add grain or pasta and simmeruntil soft. Timing on this will vary quite a bit depending on the grain chosen.
6. Prior to serving add the kale and parsley, let them wilt, but not over cook. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Lewis Waite Farm.