SARATOGA SPRINGS — The Rotary Club of Saratoga Springs is pleased to announce the opening of applications for its biennial Major Gifts Program.
The Club has $40,000 to award this cycle. As in the past, the minimum application request is $5,000. The application deadline is Oct. 31, 2020. Winning applicants will be notified by Nov. 30.
The applicant must be a community-based organization and should have an IRS 501(c)(3) designation. Awards will not be made to individuals, to government entities or to religious organizations for religious purposes.
The application must include a resolution passed by the organization’s governing board and signed by the Chair of the Board authorizing the application and confirming the validity of the project.
A ceremonial check will be presented at a designated Rotary Club gathering, but the actual transfer of funds will be held until the applicant can provide proof of the project’s initiation or proof of purchase if the funds are for a specific piece of equipment.
• The project should be community oriented and be generally visible, meaningful, and useable by the greater Saratoga Springs community or a reasonable sub-set of that community. The applicant should provide a description or statement of the benefits that will accrue to the community if this project is funded.
• The project should be a capital project. Funding for program supplies/payrolls do not qualify.
• If the application is for a portion of a larger project, the applicant should provide sufficient information on the sources of funds for the remainder of the project.
• If the application is for a portion or a component of a larger project, that portion or component should be easily identifiable or recognizable within the larger project.
• Project should be completed within a reasonable amount of time and must be initiated no later than 12 months from the date of the award.
• A permanent designation of the Saratoga Springs Rotary Club’s participation in the project (i.e., plaque, signage, etc.) will be required. The applicant should include a description of this recognition.