SARATOGA SPRINGS — Henry Stark, 96, formerly of Forest Avenue in Saratoga Springs, died peacefully on Wednesday, April 16 at Wesley Health Care Center.
Born on April 7, 1918 in Schenectady, he was the son of the late Kalman Stark and Pearl “Pepe” Gross.
Mr. Stark proudly served in the U.S. Army during WWII. After serving in the war, Henry returned home and married the love of his life, Rose Edith Schwartz, on January 13, 1946.
Mr. Stark owned and operated several automotive parts and repair shops within the city of Saratoga Springs. He initially owned a gas station on the corner of Van Dam and Route 50 called Stark Oil Company and later moved the business to Route 9 (Maple Avenue). He then moved the company to its present location on Excelsior Avenue, becoming Starks Auto Parts.
In his leisure, he enjoyed playing ping pong and was an avid fisherman. He also enjoyed taking his family to Lake George. He loved spending time with his grandchildren and great-grandchildren. His greatest love of all was his dear wife, Rose, whom he loved to his last days with her as much as he did the first ones.
Survivors include his wife of over 68 years, Rose Stark; three sons, Sidney Stark and his wife Debbie of Albany, Michael Stark of Saratoga Springs, and Marvin Stark and his wife Miriam of Providence, Rhode Island; nine grandchildren, Sara, Tsippi, Deena, Chavi, Peri, Avi, Tova, Elisheva and Jacob; and three great grandchildren, Aliza, Emma, and Dovid.
Online remembrances can be made at www.tunisonfuneralhome.com.